On the BrickGeekz Blog this week we featured Clockwork Aquarium! by mjsmiley, the latest LEGO Ideas project to gain the necessary 10,000 supporters to advance to the LEGO Ideas review stage. Clockwork Aquarium! now joins 11 other incredible projects for a chance to become a real LEGO set.
That made us wonder, what other projects are currently advancing toward the legendary 10,000 supporter milestone? As of the time of this writing, 25 projects have passed the 5,000 supporter threshold. We picked 10 of our favorites that we believe will reach the Review Stage and have a great chance of being approved for production.
Top Five Projects with More Than 5,000 Supporters
The top five projects on LEGO Ideas are listed below. The stats were taken on December 13, 2019.
UCS Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Project link: UCS Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Designer: Norders
- Supporters: 8,742
- Days remaining: 413
- Fun fact: This is the second submission for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang; the first submission earned 1,688 supporters.
Retro Bowling Alley
- Project link: Retro Bowling Alley
- Designer: Astronaut Avila
- Supporters: 8,512
- Days remaining: 107
- Fun fact: Astronaut Avila is a member of the 10k Club. He previously reached the Design Review stage with Modular Arcade, which unfortunately was not approved for production.
The Train Station: Studgate
- Project link: The Train Station: Studgate
- Designer: Bricky_Brick
- Supporters: 8,512
- Days remaining: 577
- Fun fact: Bricky_Brick’s LEGO Ideas project The Pirate Bay was approved for production and will be available in 2020.
SpaceX Falcon 9 (Saturn V Scale)
- Project link: SpaceX Falcon9 (Saturn V Scale)
- Designer: Lego_Aviator
- Supporters: 8,377
- Days remaining: 100
- Fun fact: Falcon 9 is a two-stage rocket designed and manufactured by Elon Musk’s SpaceX. It is the first orbital class rocket capable of reflight.
Mini-fig Scale Project Gemini
- Project link: Mini-fig Scale Project Gemini
- Designer: Stevenhoward27
- Supporters: 8,162
- Days remaining: 223
- Fun fact: Stevenhoward27 won the “Transform your LEGO bricks into wacky Bedrock inventions!” competition on LEGO Ideas.
Five Other Projects Destined to Reach 10,000 Supporters
Continue reading for our top five additional projects that we believe will not only reach 10,000 supporters, but have a very strong chance of being approved as LEGO Ideas sets.
Bricks & Blooms
- Project link: Bricks & Blooms
- Designer: Bricked1980
- Supporters: 7,958
- Days remaining: 492
- Fun fact: Bricked1980 currently has a second project with more than 5,000 supporters, Brick Town Police Station.
Mary Poppins, Cherry Tree Lane
- Project link: Mary Poppins, Cherry Tree Lane
- Designer: Disneybrick55
- Supporters: 7,863
- Days remaining: 721
- Fun fact: Disneybrick55 recently won the “Recreating a Magical Harry Potter Moment” contest on LEGO Ideas.
Sonic Mania – Green Hill Zone
- Project link: Sonic Mania – Green Hill Zone
- Designer: toastergrl
- Supporters: 7,495
- Days remaining: 466
- Fun fact: Based on the 2017 game Sonic Mania, which was produced in commemoration of the Sonic the Hedgehog series’ 25th anniversary.
- Project link: Lego HeroQuest
- Designer: KingGloriousSquirrel
- Supporters: 7,076
- Days remaining: 627
- Fun fact: HeroQuest is an award-winning adventure board game first released in 1989.
The Great Fishing Boat
- Project link: The Great Fishing Boat
- Designer: EdouardClo
- Supporters: 6,966
- Days remaining: 633
- Fun fact: Earned nearly 7,000 supporters on LEGO Ideas in just over 3 months.
Pingback: "Mary Poppins, Cherry Tree Lane" Earns 10,000 Supporters on LEGO Ideas – BrickGeekz Blog